Thursday 21 April 2016

Feed a Cold, Starve a Fever

By night, I'm a blogger, Instagram addict, girlfriend and shopaholic but by day... I'm a school teacher. You name the common (and sometimes not so common) sicknesses, I've been exposed to it. Sickness seems to come with the job as do 30 beautiful germ and sickness carrying people. This year, I've become Queen of Sickness (trust me, not the title I wanted to gain this year) and this Queen has created a list to help other adults who have to keep on being adult-like.


Feed a Cold, Starve a Fever

(AKA: HOW TO SURVIVE GETTING SICK WHEN YOU HAVE TO CONTINUE BEING AN ADULT!)

Liquids and Foods ~

  • Drink plenty of water
  • Have some warm/hot tea - adding lemon or lemon and honey will help with any sore throats
  • Fruit juice - the fresher the better!
  • Soup! Soup is your friend
  • Crackers ~ Great to have on hand to lining your tummy before any medications
  • Fresh fruit and veggies!
Fresh foods and healthy foods are best but if you don't have any on hand, eat what you can. It (usually) is much more important for you to feed your body!

Medications, Etc. ~

  • Anti-inflammatory throat spray (I get mine from the local pharmacy)
  • Vitamins 
  • Probiotics
  • Antibiotics ~ if you just can't kick it!


Comfort and Entertainment ~

  • Take a bath - add a bathbomb!
  • Indulge with a facemask or an at-home facial
  • Netflix ~ find a new TV series
  • Instagram/Blogs ~ stay inspired!
  • Read!
  • Go for a walk in the fresh air
  • SLEEP!!!
Of course, it goes without saying this this is just what I like to do! Is there something you do that I don't have on my list? Let me know down below or over on my Instagram!

Peace and Planners (and get well soon!),
Weezy
@peaceandplanners


"I would rather stand with God and be judged by the world, than stand with the world and be judged by God." - God's Not Dead 2

No comments:

Post a Comment